<Mal 3inek mjbdin? Dayra nit b7al chi Japonia>
Ah that again… been a while!
-You look and sound entirely Moroccan… I rambled back…
The Moroccan Man has always shown an inability to cope with differences… it usually translates into sarcastic comments in an attempt to distance the self from the "deviation" and re-affirm belonging to the standard ... The Moroccan society spares no air to breath for the atypical ...
In resisting to engage in a debate that felt momentarily inadequate, I lingered on his familiar facial traits… Behind the warmth in the known my for-a-long-foreign soul was as-if craving, there was a void in his gazing into the face of the encounter requiring his attention…
-chno kadiri hnaya.
A similarly inadequate train of thoughts started tickling me for a way out:
<I push myself to transit from my default settings… And while that could be done at any corner of the world, I chose a corner far enough from the energy drain in my used-to-be-daily struggle explaining / re-positioning / grounding / re-affirming my un-commonly looking face… and then wrapping, covering, hiding my considered-to-be sin-provocative edges… At this distance from all that, I can finally breath…>
-Kankhdem, ou ntaya (…)
There was it, a miss-alignment, an attempt to leave a slothful feeling behind and immerse the self in the ephemeralities of the now…

Commentaires

Articles les plus consultés